28 February 2012

Oscars: Catie's Best & Worst

OK, I've been obsessively looking at all the Oscars coverage and I thought I'd tell you my top pics for best dressed.


My top 2 faves:
Gwynnie in Tom Ford. Beautiful! Very regal. LOVE LOVE the cape. She said "This is my Jackie O moment."


Michelle in Louis Vuitton. Love all the layers and the coral and the detail. Oh to be that skinny. Sad that she didn't win although you could never complain about being beaten by Meryl.


Other faves: 
The Red Heads. Loved Emma Stone (L) in Giambattista Valli (haven't heard of this one before). I think the bow by the neck is beautiful. Also thought that Ellie Kemper (R) from Bridesmaids looked gorgeous in her Armani Prive dress - she called it 'glittery rust' and I love that it matched her hair!

 
Penelope Cruz (L) looked like a princess in her Armani dress. Old school Hollywood glamour. And Meryl (R) in Lanvin - some people loved and some people didn't but I thought she looked stunning. I cried when I watched her speech and I've not even seen 'The Iron Lady' yet. She is one of the good ones I reckon.



And my worst:
Angelia Jolie looked awful! Terrible dress on her, terrible hair and don't even get me started on that stupid leg! Apparently it now has it's own twitter page which is actually quite funny - the latest tweet is "Left leg and I talked -- everything's cool. Next Oscars, she gets the slit."


What are your faves Pippy? Look forward to your picks!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog :)

    Although I have to disgree with you about Michelle in LV. While I like the coral colour that's as far as I can go.

    It is different, I'll give her that but a gamble that didn't quite work for me.

    From the design it looks like it was pulled off a bed from 1973...!

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete